Tuesday, September 27, 2011


This awe-inspiring book was lent to us by our dear friends Coleen and Ryan. The book is a stream of consciousness celebration of God's Creation. A beautiful trip through the author's ideas concerning life, the world, and the wonder that surrounds us.

In this book, Nate Wilson mentions that the chances of you being born are 1 out of 8 million, and that the chances of us both being here - that is Kasse and I (since she is my only reader for now) - are one out of sixty four trillion. If we take into account the probabilities of our grandparents, their grandparents, times of conception, etc. the chances are far less. There is really no chance at all.


Everything pretty much on our part is a choice. We have a choice. I know we make our plans and God directs our paths, but we still have to make our plans. 

Life is where it is now because of the decisions we have made, or in not making decisions - especially by not making them.

My fortune cookie the other day said "Good luck comes with good planning". I decided not to home school the kids this year. I couldn't hijack their education without a plan....or could I?  (he he he)

Matt says no to free love and nickel beer no matter how much I demand it.

Don't want to write a bunch of worthless garbage, or spend a lot of time on this. I just wanted to touch base with mankind. Actually, my goal for this blog is to spend hopefully no more than an hour a day sharing stories, thoughts, and our family's daily pursuit of peace and order. Also, just to have a little fun.

The kids are out to sea in the back yard, killing pirates and spotting mermaids.  What do I focus on? Do I take this time now and choose to return the books I checked out this summer? I think so. Better get a move on it. The bookmobile only comes every other week. Yes, in rural America there are traveling libraries. Only steps ahead of the Biblioburro-The donkey library in Columbia.

Check out this link. This man is a real saint - someone who knows what's truly importante. A must see. Matt's hero.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuTswmx9TQU


No comments:

Post a Comment